New Mexico Medicare Supplement Plan exists to cover the gaps in the Original Medicare offered by the Federal Government.
Medicare Supplement Plans are also called as Medisups or Medigaps
New Mexico Medigaps are similar to other states in the United States.
Medigap policy offers additional benefits along with Original Medicare offering Part A and Part B.
You must have Original Medicare to sign up for additional benefits of Medigap.
Check before you choose a New Mexico Medicare Supplement insurance policy?
Before deciding a Medigap policy it is essential to know your requirements which need to be covered.
The following points must be checked before deciding the right Medigap policy for you-
- Monthly premium
- Prescription coverage
- Blood tests
- Skilled nursing coverage
New Mexico Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
In New Mexico, there are 10 standardized Medicare Supplement Insurance plans sold by private insurance companies from which you can choose one or two plans.
These standardized medisups are lettered through A to N.
Medicare Supplement Insurance policy sold by several companies with same letter Plan having same benefits may charge different premiums.
You should compare the quotes and check for premium cost of various companies before deciding the Plan in New Mexico Supplement Insurance.
New laws in New Mexico Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans in 2010
In 2010 new laws have brought many changes in the Medicare Supplement Insurance plans.
Some of the main features are
- Hospice Part A coinsurance will be offered as basic benefit.
- Plan K, L and N will pay some portion of Part B coinsurance and copayments resulting in low premiums.
- Plans M and N are the new Medicare Supplement Insurance plans.
- If you buy Plans D and G on or after June 1,2010, their benefits are different than the prior ones.
- Plans E, H, I and J are not sold after May2010.They continue to benefit people those who have previously bought it.
- According to new laws from June 1, 2010, every insurance company must offer Plan A and Plan C or Plan F with any Medicare Supplement Insurance plans policy they sell.
What is SHIP?
The Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) is a health insurance information program that resolves your queries, gives you counseling and all information about Medicare for all ages.
You can get any information about
- Medicare health coverage
- Original Medicare
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Prescription drug coverage
- Long term care
- Retiree health program
Call: New Mexico SHIP- 1?800?432?2080