Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
For many people, retirement is a time to relax and take it easy. But for others, it’s an opportunity to start living outside their comfort zone. There are so many things to do and see in the world, and retirement is the perfect time to explore. Here are just a few ideas on how to broaden your horizons.
Try a New Hobby
Now that you don’t have any work commitments, you have the time to experience everything retirement offers. This is also a great time to try new things. Today you have the chance to pursue something you’ve always wanted to do by learning a new hobby or skill. There are no limits to what you can try. Have you always admired people who know how to dance, sail, or paint? Go right ahead. You can be one of them!
Travel with a Purpose
For many retirees, working careers included an annual vacation. A typical holiday probably lasted a week or two, usually in a location tailored to relieve the stresses of life. So doing anything beyond sipping a fruity cocktail, hitting the links, or just relaxing by the pool may have been inconceivable. But now you have the chance to travel with a purpose that may involve humanitarian trips, visiting your ancestral origins, or immersing yourself deep within a new, exotic culture.
Seek Out Thrills
Much of our lifestyle conforms to the norm. This often means limited risk-taking and following the safest path. While we are not advocating doing anything inherently dangerous, now is the time to try something truly thrilling. Sky and scuba diving are popular choices among retirees. But how about a flight in a fighter jet, zip-lining across a ravine, or going bear-watching in Alaska? There are endless opportunities to find a thrill!
You now have the opportunity to do whatever you want. It’s okay to fear this new territory. After all, you’ve worked for so long, and now you have all this newfound time! You might feel uncomfortable stepping into your dancing shoes or strapping in for an adventure, and that’s totally fine.
You’ll learn, grow, and experience immense possibilities when you throw yourself into uncomfortable situations. And most importantly, live!
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here’s what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Medicaid Unwinding: Your Questions Answered
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Best Nutrition Apps
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- How to Live Without Regrets
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home