Post Pandemic Travel Tips
As much as we want to, the year 2020 will not soon be forgotten. But with the one of the most extraordinary years behind us, many are looking forward to traveling and exploring this great world of ours once again.
The pandemic has changed our lives forever and in doing so has also changed how travel plans will play out for years to come. Before you book your next vacation, make sure you add the following 7 steps to your travel checklist.
Avoid Crowds – Some of the most popular destinations may be worth avoiding until the pandemic is further in our rearview mirror. Not only are contagions more likely to be passed between one another in a crowded space, but higher capacity locales are also more likely to be closed or temporarily shut down if there is a local coronavirus outbreak.
Ask an Expert – If you are a do-it-yourself travel planner, you may want to contact a travel expert for your next trip. Travel advisors can keep you informed of changes in travel guidelines, the openness of tourist destinations, and alternative options should your original plans fall through.
Travel Insurance – Before the pandemic, travel both domestically and internationally was relatively routine. However, at a moment’s notice, your flight, cruise, or destination accommodations could shut down. Travel insurance can protect your hard-earned dollars from sudden change in travel restrictions.
Bring a Hygiene Kit – Every destination will have different requirements for providing visitors with personal protection and cleaning standards. Don’t leave your health to chance and bring your own hygiene kit with masks, disinfectants, and sanitizer.
Check Travel Advisories – Immediately after booking your trip, sign up for travel advisory notices with your airlines, accommodation, and destinations you plan on visiting including restaurants, public spaces, and attractions.
Look for (really good) Deals – Any company serving tourists is desperate for your business. Look for deep discounts for everything from airfare to dining, attractions to accommodations. You will save money while also supporting businesses in need.
Confirm Cancellation/Change Policies – Before booking any part of your travel plans, check the change and cancellation policies. While many companies, such as the airlines, have loosened their rules, others have tightened up considerably. Knowing you have flexibility in your plans will help reduce the stress of navigating any changes.
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here’s what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Medicaid Unwinding: Your Questions Answered
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Best Nutrition Apps
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- How to Live Without Regrets
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home